We effectively apply economic analysis and rigorous quantitative methods to improve how competitive our clients are. This analysis involves solving our clients' problems and coping with the challenges and problems they face. Our vast experience and track record in working with multinational firms and with regulatory institutions in Mexico make us experts in this field.
SAI offers different services in the Economic Consulting field:
• Price policy.
• Sales mix.
• Performance indicators.
• Potential markets.
• Activity based costing (ABC).
• Evaluate economic competition conditions in markets of interest to the company, including simulations involving mergers or acquisitions.
• Economic analysis related to allegations of monopolistic practices and mergers.
• Evaluation of sector-based regulations (e.g., rules and formulas or tariffs).
• Analysis of implications related to policy changes (e.g., product substitution).
• Evaluation of fiscal measures (e.g., IEPS and VAT) related to the market and to monitoring their impact on business.
• Quantify effects of market: allegations of monopolistic practices and claims for damages and arbitration.
• Economic valuation of intangible assets.
• Cost-benefit analysis for tariff amendment application.
Among the most relevant cases found in SAI´s Economic Consulting area are:
• Study on pension fund cost structures to design a new mechanism for setting fees.
• Engagement in economic analyses for notification to the Federal Competition Commission for a major operating management company to purchase a chain of restaurants; this operation was approved by the authority.
• Successful implementation of ABC or for a regulator in Mexico as well as a leading service company in the country's financial sector.
• Cost-benefit analysis for razor component industries in Mexico, which led to the changes requested by the client to optimize its foreign grocery store network.
• Creation of statistical tools for sales forecasting, optimized by incorporating macroeconomic variables. These tools have been used effectively to set annual goals, to assess the feasibility of the goals for operational areas, and to design the strategy for locating new facilities for one of the largest companies in the Mexican retail chain market.